Join us as we welcome the Bryson family on April 15th, Tom's first Sunday as our new pastor!
About the Bryson Family
Tom grew up in the Mississippi Delta in the small town of Leland (home of Kermit the Frog) and spent many hours in the Presbyterian Church, at presbytery camps and Montreat. While growing up Ashley lived in many places including Plano, Texas, Monroe, Louisiana, and Madison, Mississippi. She is a Big Cowboys fan! Tom and Ashley met at Mississippi State in the fall of 1998, where both were business majors.
Tom and Ashley married in 2002 while Tom worked at FPC Starkville and Ashley pursued her MBA. Tom and Ashley moved to Atlanta in 2004 where Tom attended Columbia Theological Seminary and Ashley worked for the Community Improvement District of Buckhead. In 2004, Tom was called to serve FPC of Columbus, Mississippi as minister.
In Columbus, the family grew to include Michael (age 7) and Henry (age 3). The boys are huge sports fans who live and breathe Bulldog sports teams. Michael loves Star Wars, Legos, and playing baseball, while Henry enjoys dinosaurs and playgrounds and thinks he is a Ghostbuster.
Rev. Dr. Bryson’s Background
• McCormick Theological Seminary- Doctorate of Ministry (emphasis in Church Growth and Revitalization) - May, 2015
• Columbia Theological Seminary- Masters of Divinity- May, 2007
• Mississippi State University- Bachelors of Business Administration (Banking and Finance) – May, 2000
• First Presbyterian Church, Columbus, Mississippi- Minister 2007-2018
• St. Luke’s Presbyterian Church, Dunwoody, Georgia- Seminary Intern 2004-2007
• First Presbyterian Church, Starkville, Mississippi- Director of Christian Education 2001-2004
• Mississippi State University Interim Campus Minister 1998-2000
Church and Community Leadership:
• Moderator of Commission on Ministry, St. Andrew Presbytery
• Organizing Pastor for UKIRK ministry at MSU
• Planning Team and contributing member to the Vital Congregations Initiative for General Assembly Offices of the PC(USA)
• Co-founder and President of the Board of Loaves and Fishes Ministry of Lowndes County
• Board Member and Treasurer for Helping Hands Ministry of Lowndes County